Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WSOP, Reflection, The Drive, Todays World of Poker

Ok so Wsop for me was a Complete Uttter Failure......Its pretty hard to accept losing and thats actually what I did........0/10 0 cashes and about 25,000 dollars worth of investments. Lots of money Lots of Headache and alot of quick finishes....I ran pretty bad, but also felt on a couple hands I was "outnewbed"...I called it outnewbed because in a sense I was outplayed but not because they where better then me but because I gave my opponent too much credit at that big of a buy in to play a hand that particular way without having me beat.

One hand in particular got under my skin was 6 max 1500 buy in. It was the first level of blinds and I had been pretty active.....So the guy on the cutoff raies 3x sb calls, I re-reaise 10bb with ak offsuit and the european dude laughs cracks a smile looks and his buddies and says well it looks like this is a quick tournament IM all innnnnn and shoves his 100+bb stack sb immedeiatly folds and Im staring AT AK and figure the way he played it most definetly was 1010 JJ QQ AK and maybe KK and there was no way it was a postive EV play to put my chips in the middle....It also didnt help that he was sitting there smiling and not an ounce of fear and I felt if i called i was racing at best and just wasnt worth it.

So I showed My AK after some deliberation and He quickly laughs and said dont worry buddy i run reallllllll good u would of lost and shows his AQ!!!!!.....WOWOWOWOWOWOWO.......I had him crushed and didnt call...I felt crushed...

My Main Event was a disaster.....I was so excited for it and just coudlnt wait for it 30,000 worht of starting stack and deep stack poker heaven made for rounder....

The Main event coudlnt start any better.....As I soon learned my table was filled with donks and I from what i could see was the only proffesional player...

I started getting creative and STarted pulling moves and running over the table....I quickly turned my 30k into about 42k....Gained 12k with 0 showdowns the best way to win at poker....My favorite hand was a early position aggressive donk raised, the guy on the cutoff re-raised his raise, and I looked down at 9 3 offsuit..9 3 off is one of hte worst hands in poker but that didnt stop rounder from re-re-re raising preflop and throwing fear into everyones eyes....Orginal raiser folded and the young kid looked at me and It was great because he looked scared and I knew immedaitly he didnt have AA Or KK....he reluctantly called.......the flop was k22, I led out huge and strong and I could sense he wasnt happy....He deliberated for some time and folded his QQ Faceup...I said Nice fold sir I had AA and was praying u didnt have KK and I evily smurk and laugh inside and mucked my trashy rags into the muck.

I felt on top of the world and then the bad news came!!....They where breaking our table!!!!.....So I get moved tables and have no reads on anyone and im hoping the table is filled with as many donks as the first one...First hand I get i raise 66...I raise..fold fold fold then this Russian donkey fuck stares (who by the fucking way is wearing a darth vader leather robot jacket wtf) at me filled with testerone declare raise everyone folds to me and I call.....flop is j107..I check he bets hugeeeeeeeeeeee and strong....Something didnt add up to me, I felt he had air and nothing, Felt like ak or AQ dry so I made the gangstar call.......turn was a 6......so now i felt i was in real real real great shape....... I checked and he quickly checked behind.....I knew unless he was a real real good player, that meant he was weak and had nothing and I was winning at that point...the river was a 8 the board read J10768......I didnt like it but I felt he didnt have 99......so I bet half the pot into him.....then the wild wild west showdown occurred....this ass clown muppet just starts staring at me like hes going to look into my soul and I wasnt backing down, I just mad dogged him back, shit im from east palmdale no russian guy going to mad dog this beast and win. He eventually stop staring and mucked his hand but that truelly was the begginging of the end for me as NOw this donk was coming after me.......

So a couple hands later Darth vader russian limps another guy limped.....I make an obnoxious 10x raise, russian donk without hesitation calls and other guy calls...flop is k92...no flush draw i felt pretty good....I bet 3/4 the pot which was a lot of chips at this point....he calls....I put him on kq KJ k10 maybe 1010or maybe just calling to try and outplay me...turn is an 8..I felt no danger with that card and there was no flush draw brewing so i checked wanting him to bluff....He quicikly bet and i called....the river was a 3....so the board read K9283.....PRETTY HARMLESS FOR AA.....so i check and he bets huge and I thought for sure it was sometime dog crap hand or him overplaying the king and I called with My AA......he flips over 9 8 offffffffffffsuit for two pair and my 42k stack..was crush down to 22k.....lame!!!......

So an orbit later i raise 99 russian calls flop is 226..i bet 2/3 pot he calls.....turn is a jack i check he checks......river is a 5.......i check sensing he has nothing and wanting him to bluff...he bets pot i call...he shows 4 3 for a striaght...so retard limp calls with 4 3 and calls bets and gets there..

Im down to 15k now... and he limps again and I look down i have AQ...I raise he calls flop is kq2 all clubs I have no club he checks i bet he calls...turn is club we both check river is a brick he leads out i muck, he shows k 4 offsuit with no club but he beats my aq but the fact he limp calls k4 is disgustin and at this point im doing a great great job of controlling my emotions but what donk raping me !! lol..

Down to 13k...Hadnt played a hand for literally 3 hours as im trying to be real patient, I learned that my table had worst donkies then the first one and was in disablief that i was playing a 10,000 dollar event with some of the worst donkeys in the world......

One hand of not was unbelivably disgusting..a Man in a wheel chair wearing a Nascar jacket with about 25 sponsors on it sits down and he starts talking to barry johnston (an old time pro who only plays the nuts)...he seems to be bit of an ass wild man crazy old fart but im glad he sat down at the table as it seemed like some entertainment..

So anyways the hand goes like this...there was 5 limpers to the small blind who is the nascar old fart and he makes some retarded 16x Raise..everyone folds and this young european dude with glasses debates then calls...the flop is j92...the old man bets HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE like pottttttttt.......the young kid counts his chips debates it for a while then calls........the turn is a 10....the old man betsssssss HUGE LIKE 8k which is a lot of chips at this point of the tournamnet...the young kid goes alllllllll in for 12k more and the old man immediatly called like it was the nuts.

I was expecting to see like JJ vs KQ..... or 99 vs AA...something in that matter.....no......Old man flips over a8 for open ended and the young kid shows j10 for top two pair.....the young kid got realllllllllllly scared and was like what the heckkkkkkkkkkkk , was so nervous he didnt want the old guy to hit a queen or 7 and his touranemtn been over......the river was a 7....and the young kid yelled out one of the loudest screams i could remember and Looked like he was full of rage and I was almost certain he might hit the Old guy in the face...at this point the WHOLEEEEEEEE TOURANEMTN ROOOM WAS staring at our table... and the Old man then says.......BODDA BING BODDA BOOOOOOOOOOM....... i got nervous i really thought the kid was going to hit him lol..... the old man then states, thank you JESUSS!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!! ...Chris ferugson that is!!!!!!.........What a freaking douchebag!!!!!....that guy has to go fly back to his country and tell his friends and family some old fart in a nascar jacket raped his life and was gay about it lol...

So at this point i was drooling , the two worst players at my table had all the chips..i sat thier patiently waiting for a hand waiting and waiting...then i heard the floorman say he sgoing to break our table soon, and that i only had 25 minutes left with these donks....25 minutes came and went and i wasnt able to play a hand.....sucked my table broke and i was off to a new table and a new adventure...

I get moved to a new table and im hoping its filled with donkeys...im left with about 12k....2nd or 3rd hand at the new table..I get Pocket Kings...i had about 30 BB didnt want to raise and lose action , didnt want to raise get called by 6 people and be favored to lose, and decided if i limped hoping someone would raise follow a couple calls and i could jam that someone would make a loose call and i could more then double up...everyone folds and im pretty mad but then it gets to the button who raises hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee...and sb and bb fold and sense that the guy had a hand and if i just shoved allllllll in it would look super weak and he would call.....so i shoved all in..

He debated it for about a minute or so and i was pissed at myself for overplaying it but then he finally called!!!!!!!......He flliped over ak..so i was in great great shape......just no ace and im doubled up and good postion to move on to the next day and i can play poker again and not just wait around .....obv ace on the flop...i immedaitly see two diamonds on the flop and look to see if he had a diamond which he did the ace of diamond, I had the king of diamond, so i knew i had to hit a king and onnly a king......turn and river broughtr running diamond and i got up wished everyone luck when the dealer and the player next to me said why u leaving u won man u hit a flush!!......Im like guys he has the ace of diamonds!!.... they felt stupid guy tryed saying sorry and i walked away in sad disgust....

Great disappoinment but im only 30 and there is always next year....


25k worth of donations, hurt was rough and sucked.......It helps that June was my a monsterous month for me as i won over 20k online

July didnt go so hot as i had a losing month the end of the month and through today has been the worst stretch of my poker career.....Its been mentally draining and upsetting but My drive to make it is like noone and I know things will change very soon, I can feel it, Something big is about to happen in rounders world...

Next WsOp is mine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey man, you don't know me, but I've seen you around fulltilt and wondered who you were and found your blog through google. I read some of your posts and I feel your pain doing the poker grinding. I'm not as successful as you are yet, but hopefully I will get to your level, and by then I'm sure you'll be with the pros. Good luck, and keep truckin