Saturday, December 4, 2010

FTOPS REPORT

So the story goes, Two weeks ago (on top of the 80k profit) I was playing real good and doing well, So I decided to take a chance in a $1,000 6 handed ftop event...

I was playing so well and doing soooooooo gooood.......TOP prize 275,000......there was 1200-1400 entrants.....

I was playing masterfully and getting deep with not having to show my cards......I had cashed was in the money but that's not why we play the game.......

Before I know it, we are down to about 25 people......and the dream of winning 275,000 dollars is now becoming a reality........Not only is it reality, I am 2/25 so I have a big stack!!!!!!!.........Chances of me going far was real good.....

Got a bit card dead and wasn't getting many spots, I was 4/16......with 10,800 in the bank so far but again this is the big score i was dreaming of and my thoughts would turn into deep thoughts at break......I would get almost teary eyed thinking of all the time and effort i put into this stupid game, Im finally got a huge chance to hit the big one, I felt the goosebumps, thought about the amount of money that I could win, Max could finally have his backyard that he can bury all his bones and do his little chicken wang piss over all the plants =) and have a girlfirend that he can hump everyday lol....

So then the letdown occured.........I raised a7 sooted from early position and it was folded to the guy in the big blind who was from brasil and I had played with him for about 5 hours and he didn't give a flyingggggggggggggg #$%#$ about losing his tournament he had guns blazing, Knife in pocket and was ready to come out swinging at all cost, it was folded to him and he immediately shoveddddddddddd allllll in........Now this is a spot that I would usuallly give a great thought into folding.........it was about half my stack and a7 is not that good of a hand but this guy is one crazy son of a #$%$ and Im one to not be scard to put the chips in the middle if i think im good. So i decided to call.......He flips over 44.....so we are flipping.........This is now officially the biggest coinflip of my life.....Come on dealer one time!!.......anyways he hit a set......while I hit two pair and he won the coinflip..........crushing but not the worst, I still have a decent stack and im now 9/16....its ok, i still got a great shot......anyways the blinds are going up and everyone is getting shorter and shorter compared to the blinds so things are going to get messy sooon........

Then the death hand occurred........its folded to the cutoff who open shoves about 20 big blinds and i had about 20 big blinds and I had pocket 8s.....Its postive situation to call in this spot, so i made the call and he had a9!!

So again this is now the most important coinflip I have played in my life.........He flops a pair and I dont hit an 8 and im out in 16th place.......all my dreams and hopes and max backyards are crushed......I could feel my throat tighten and choke up and i felt enormous pain in my heart......I had just played with the best in the world got very far almost closed it but two unlucky coinflips going the wrong way had me packing......

To give you an even deeper insight of how close i was.......The two guys that won the coinflips vs me got 2nd and 4th here (4th brazilian wild man) is the listining of prize money that everyone won listed in profit...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey man... i was playing with you earlier tonight... you have a good outlook on poker kind of like myself.. im hoping to score eventually and i try to better my game everyday. Non poker players dont understand how we think or what we want to accomplish in the game but its a the "great struggle" to play and be great. Was wondering if I could talk game and strategy with you... i've known poker for a long time but just recently the past 8 months or so been taking it serious. Im a college student that plays in a lot of MTT's... i get my cards in with the best quite often and find myself getting suckedout ALOTT... good luck man! twitter im newmannation9